08 June 2009

The Secret

Hi every one, how are you?

Well this blog is my quest, or rather a running open journal on my quest for financial freedom. In this I intend to share my discoveries, how I am going and what techniques I am using on my quest to have financial freedom.

Firstly, my quest began with my mother sending me a copy of the movie "The Secret". If you have not already seen it, I highly recommend that you grab your self a copy and watch it, over and over again.

Basically, "The Secret" outline the power of attraction in the universe. Now for all those who believe that this is all airy fairy type stuff and the only way to make money and a life of success, I challenge you with this. Is success defined by money? If so, how much money would make you happy and would have you considering your self successful?

To put a dollar value on life is impossible. For me atleast this is the case. Do I need my own passanger jet if I want to up and leave and travel the world? For me, no I dont need my own passanger jet, but it would be nice to be able to travel to where I want with in a reasonable time frame.

For me, success is defined by the ability to lead and live I life I choose. To be my own boss, and to live on my own clock. Success is to be able to have the life experiences I have always dreamed of, to spend more time with friends and family, to have the time to learn another language, or a musical intrument, to travel. Basically to do as I please with the reality of administration and logistics.

What does administration and logistics mean. It means taking into account the reality that if I desire to travel that flights take time to purchase and may only depart at certain times, that limited accomodation may be available when I get to this fantasy destination.

At the begining of this entry i asked you a question - what is success. Well, what is it? Is it wealth? For many of us, having a bottomless bag of money would make us happy. Consider this for a moment. A bottomless bag of money... A limitless amount of funds. To the average person they may laugh at this concept and tell you that the only success in life is hard work and bricks and mortar. Im telling you that it is possible, but the concept is one that is often termed residual or passive income. it is the concept of buliding yourself an organisation or empire that continually works its self through various means to continually provide you with an income.

This means at any given time, you may not be worth more than $1 million. However, as you spend and invest, so to does the income work its way into your bank account. This is not a new concept. Some people work hard all their lives and retire on superannuation, or bricks and mortar investments such as housing. Others build small buisness' and work very hard to make them successful. Other build empires and organisations and invest their money into calculated investments. It is these investments that continue to earn money for many years to come.

Think of Bill Gates. Do you think he still works at a PC building software for the latest Microsoft release? Or do you think he runs a buisness? Every organisation requires hard work and dedication to start.

It was this realisation when watching "The Secret" that I decided I needed to take action. And in the information age and the popularity of Google, my search began...

No comments:

Post a Comment